Job Title: Auditor
Reporting to: Assistant dean for administration and Finance
Employment Mode: Full Time
The purpose for this role is to protect the assets for Muscat College, to ensure compliance with internal procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accountancy.
• Minimum 5 Years of experience in internal audit experience.
• Auditing Professional certificate is preferred.
1. Perform activities associated with conducting basic to moderately complex audits to determine that the receipt, control, and expenditure of funds are accurate and according to applicable laws and regulations.
2. Identify loopholes and recommend risk avoidance and cost savings.
3. Obtaining, analyzing and evaluating accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts etc.
4. Ensure figures, postings, and documents written by accounting are properly coded and accurate.
5. Verify records and transactions.
6. Correct errors or make notations for other workers to correct.
7. Make phone calls to customers or clients.
8. Scrutinize expense accounts, commissions, loans, interest, account payments, bank records, inventory, and sales tickets.
9. Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
10. Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
11. Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
12. Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding finance and accounting’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of duties and is subject to review on a regular basis.
1. Strong interpersonal skills.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of auditing standards and techniques.
3. Maintains an up to date knowledge of current computer applications available for efficient audits.
4. Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
5. Computer literacy and familiarity with software related to internal auditing.
6. Independent judgment
7. Report writing